The GROW Magic spreads around the country, with the help of our awesome team: the Local Project Managers, the Ambassadors and the International Trainers. Let’s meet some of them!
Margriet Krijgsheld from Holland – GROW trainer in Suceava
I recently graduated to be a teacher of art and I love to travel. Before settling down in one place, I want to discover new places and at the same time experience new things, which I can learn by volunteering abroad. GROW offered me an inspiring position to work with teens and get to know them from a different perspective.
The first day in Romania was…
…in May 2017, when I visited Timisoara with my boyfriend. We decided we wanted to try some tipical Romanian food and our hostel recommended a restaurant. We went there and ordered a plate. As everything was sour, I didn’t really like it. Actually, we left after a few bites and went to another place, where I had the BEST spare ribs I’ve ever eat! After that night I said I didn’t want to try other Romanian food. Luckely I didn’t keep my word, otherwise I would have never fond my new love: papanasi.
I am a dreamer and always have trouble with making choices, so here are my 3 favorite dreams:
- Buy a house in the (maybe french) mountains and turn it into a bed and breakfast where you can also follow a ceramics workshop or a cheese or wine making workshop.
- Buy a VW van and turn it into a wandering concept store which sells homemade things at markets.
- Write a book about art.
If I had a magic wand, I would….
*Poof* myself to new locations to make exploring less time consuming! Also I can *poof* you if you want 😀
Most people don’t know about Holland that…
- There are more bicycles than people.
- The stroopwafels are delicious.
- Almost every person can speak English.